It’s important to consider every option when developing your dental marketing plan, because you want to select the strongest tactics to achieve your strategic business goals as well as specific marketing campaign goals. As you compare the strengths of different options, it will quickly become obvious that your dental marketing plan should include direct mail.
There’s really nothing that compares to direct mail when it comes to growing a dentistry practice, because direct mail delivers the highest ROI of any marketing medium.
Postcards, especially, have become the go-to marketing resource for all types of dentists, both specialists and general practitioners. Here’s why:
- Postcards put your name, image and marketing message right into your prospect’s hand.
- Studies show a whopping 79% of households report they actually read the direct mail advertising they receive.
- Half of those households report they follow up by purchasing – multiple times per year, on average.
All that adds up to unparalleled power to fuel your dental marketing plan. And you can harness that power in so many ways, because postcard marketing is amazingly versatile.
In addition to using ongoing postcard marketing to generate a steady flow of new patients, postcards are ideal for seasonal and special-purpose campaigns. Use them to:
- Increase business during traditionally slower times of the year or create an extra burst of business at key times such as back-to-school.
- Promote a particular elective procedure or introduce a treatment option new to your practice.
- Obtain referrals from existing patients.
- Create a “win back” campaign aimed at former patients who haven’t visited your office in some time.
You don’t have to become a direct mailing expert to realize the benefits.
Choose an experienced direct mail marketing company to work with you every step of the way. They’ll ensure your postcards support your dental marketing plan in every detail, so you can see maximum response and maximum ROI. Meanwhile, you can concentrate on patient care – the personal side of your practice that’s so essential for professional success.
Your direct mail experts will help ensure your mailings generate top results, with:
- An image that puts a smile on your prospect’s face the minute they pick up your postcard.
- An attention-grabbing headline.
- An offer that’s undeniably convincing and relevant.
- Concise-but-compelling support copy that drives home the specific benefits of your offer and your dentistry practice.
- A clear, simple call to action and contact information that makes follow-up a breeze.
- An accurate, appropriately targeted mailing list (although in some cases you’ll want to mail to every household for maximum reach).
- Professional quality printing that reinforces your own professionalism and attention to detail.
- Knowledgeable preparation that assures you’ll get the lowest postal rate.
One of the most important elements of any marketing plan is repetition.
No advertising channel is a good choice for your dental marketing plan if you only use it once or randomly. Marketers may disagree on the exact number of times the average prospect needs to see your name and message, but everyone agrees multiple impressions are crucial for success. And postcard marketing makes repetition simple.
You have to keep your name and key messaging about your practice in front of prospects, month in and month out, because not everyone is quite ready to buy the first time they see your postcard. Over time, as they continue to receive your mailings, they develop a sense of familiarity and comfort with you – the confidence and trust to pick up the phone and make an appointment.
When you consider the many advantages of direct mailing and the outstanding return you can generate, it’s clear that direct mail should receive a prominent place in your dental marketing plan.