Just because your marketing employs a variety of internet-based techniques and channels doesn’t mean you should jettison all traditional forms of offline advertising and promotions. You still use business cards, don’t you? You still have a telephone – mobile as well as a landline for your business.
The most successful marketing strategy – one that’s reliably profitable – is a mixed bag of tools and tactics. Exactly what belongs in that mix depends on your business. However, for local businesses, postcard mailers are a proven winner that takes pride of place in the marketing toolbox.
You can profit from postcard mailers regardless of your type of clientele.
Start by consulting a direct mail expert.
For every marketing medium, you want to ensure maximum impact and response right from the get-go. Working with an experienced postcard marketing professional will help you do that. Choose a company that offers a comprehensive range of services, so you only need one contact for everything and you’re assured of continuity as well as quality.
You’ll get great advice you can take to the bank, regarding every key step of the postcard process:
- Choosing the right mailing list. There’s no profit in marketing to people who aren’t likely to be interested in what you do or sell. Depending on your marketing goals, you may want to use an internal list of existing or former customers, a resident (or occupant) mailing list that reaches a broad spectrum of prospects or a carefully-targeted list narrowed by criteria that match your audience – households with children or swimming pools, new residents, income levels, etc.
- Postcard design. From your attention-grabbing headline to your tempting and timely special offer, postcard mailers need to carry the right messaging and graphics to capture your prospects’ interest and motivate them to respond.
- Production. Top-quality printing and professional assistance with the preparation work ensure your postcards look their best and get into the mail as quickly as possible – at the lowest available postage rate.
Use postcards imaginatively.
Internet-based marketing comes in many formats and delivery channels, but it’s hard to beat the versatility of postcard mailers. Use them to:
- Generate new clients or customers or patients, whether your business is year-round or seasonal.
- Drive traffic to your website.
- Upsell existing customers, or ask them for referrals.
- Renew acquaintance with former customers to win them back
- Advertise special promotions – using postcards alone or in conjunction with other marketing methods, both online and off.
Using postcards for cross promotion can give a significant boost to your internet-based marketing. Multiple channels enable you to reach more people – in a format they prefer, at the time and place they’re searching or right at home in their personal mailbox. Multiple methods complement and reinforce one another, making it easier to stay in front of your various audience segments and boosting the effectiveness of your marketing overall.
Here are just a few ideas to support different types of marketing goals:
- Create posters for your office that match your postcard mailers.
- Print extra postcards to hand out at the office.
- Print a QR code on postcard in addition to your web address.
- If postcards offer a Dental Health Month special, write a blog article about mouth care tips, and link to it from your e-newsletter.
- Use postcards to promote a special offer on your website, as well as to collect prospect email addresses as well as generate new business.
Postcards are particularly affordable compared to other traditional marketing means, so they are budget-friendly. They are also easy to track and evaluate for financial results – yet another reason they are a good complement to internet marketing methods that also offer detailed analytics and insight into customers as well as sales.
Internet marketing is here to stay, and that’s a good thing. But don’t let that overshadow the value of postcard mailers, or your marketing strategy could come up short.