At Cactus Mailing we work with small, medium and large sized businesses everyday. We work on crafting the perfect design and message for their individual company. We believe in print marketing. But, over the last few years we have noticed a shift has been occurring. A shift towards, “covering all your bases” as it were. 56% of businesses polled say their customers expect them to be on social media.
More and more consumers have the expectation that the businesses they love and support will be on social media. Not simply to “be there” but to serve as yet another “customer connection” spot. In addition to those 1-800 #’s, emails, online chat, consumers are wanting to connect in real time.
Here are some great tips & infographics from Techinfographics.com on how to increase your success on social media. As a small to medium sized business owner you want to utilize social media marketing to it’s fullest.
- Share valuable content that evokes interaction, such as interviews, video tutorials or webinars;
- Be there at the right time on social networks where your target located is;
- Start a discussion and ask questions yourself, so that the discussion remains ‘alive’;
- Put a social network as customer service;
- Limit the number of accounts which you are active. Keep track on your social activities.
Do you think Social Media Marketing is a fad?
Likes and followers are great, but what about the sales? Here are some startling stats for you.
46% of online users count on social media when making a purchase decision.
50% of shoppers have made a purchase based on a recommendation made through social media.
71% of social media users are more likely to purchase from a business they are connected with.
So what do you think? Is your business using social media to create a 2-way conversation with your customers?
We would love to connect with you. Find Cactus Mailing on Facebook, Google+ & Pinterest